Guidance on Registration of Trademark
Essense of Trademark
Trademark Protection Law.
Trademark Act, B.E.2534.
- Title over Registered and Non-registered Marks.
1.1 Non-registered Trademark.
(1) The trademark proprietor is entitled to use that non-registered trademark,but it may not bring an action in order to prevent infringement or claim for damages.
(2) Any application for trademark registration filed prior to any other application shall be entitled to be announced of the application, if there is not any opposition, the trademark filed prior as such shall be registered.
(3) The application for trademark registration filed after the first application shall be entitled to be registered, if the applicant have raised objection against the announcement of the application for registration and be proved to have better title.
1.2 Registered Trademark.
(1) The trademark proprietor is solely entitled to use the trademark for its products or services according to the registration.
(2) The trademark proprietor is entitled to assign the mark or license any other person to use its trademark for the registered products, in whole or in part, with or without remuneration given.
(3) The trademark proprietor is entitled to claim for compe